Tuesday, July 11, 2017
Yet more from the J.R. Mooneyham Internet web site the FUTURE of warfare as anticipated by J.R. for the next one-hundred years forward!
"ORIGINAL SUMMER 1995, REVISED 6-24-2000"
"My Name Is Legion"
"The new U.S. strategies and deterrence policies, circa 20X0"
* "Extraordinary anti-missile, anti aircraft defenses will become extremely popular"
* "Such expensive anti-missile and aircraft defenses will for a long time be the major remaining refuge for U.S. multi-billion dollar defense contractors."
* "Support of research and development for other super advanced (and super expensive) weapons systems will evaporate almost overnight, moving from the scale of $billions to $millions."
* "Limited use of tactical nuclear weapons will become fairly common, occurring at its height perhaps once every couple of years."
* "Aircraft carrier groups will no longer be deployed as broadly or aggressively as they once were, since they now will present inviting targets for low tech assaults."
* "The focus on technology upgrades of our forces will radically shift from being 'top-down' as today, to 'bottom-up'."
"A top-down approach (also known as stepwise design and in some cases used as a synonym of decomposition) is essentially the breaking down of a system to gain insight into its compositional sub-systems in a reverse engineering fashion."
"A bottom-up approach is the piecing together of systems to give rise to more complex systems, thus making the original systems sub-systems of the emergent system."
* "At the same time however, the total numbers of men enlisted in the armed forces will decline dramatically"
Use of atomic weapons will not be common but no so rare? It has been assumed [?] that a limited use of nukes is not possible. Fire off one nuke or even a small number and escalation is inevitable and even obligatory?? That is the paradigm today. As to the future?